I don’t even know where to begin to describe how awesome today was!!! Learners from around the country gathered together talking about our unique learner-centered educations, and the conversations were mind blowing.
After sharing short presentations about our schools, we specifically focused today on what things are similar and different across the 15 different schools in order to get a clearer idea of how to describe learner-centered education by distinguishing traditional vs non-traditional (learner-centered) school aspects.
When trying to figure out what makes a learner-centered school my team came up with these commonalities:
- hands on learning in the real world
- self-paced learning
- strong relationships between students and teachers
- different forms of assessment then just a 0-100% scale
- an emphasis on skills not just content learning
- interacting and engaging with the community
- students take ownership and are passionate about their work
- flexible and interactive learning environments
However, I also noticed…
View original post 546 more words