I wonder...

This past week we’ve been in week two of our Design Sprint to redesign the Innovation Diploma space, which hasn’t been meeting the needs of the iD Cohort. For the start of the week, I was hyper-focused on having them flare ideas. It seemed to me that most of the group wanted to latch onto one of the initial ideas rather than testing new ideas. To help them increase the volume of ideas, I ran a few exercises that encouraged them to think differently, and to think beyond the possible. As the week came to a close, we began the process of narrowing, and started to build. Here’s a little recap:

  • We shifted teams into expert groups, so that each group could focus on one aspect of the space we are designing: Walls, storage, and furniture.
  • I facilitated a rapid-fire storming session where I gave them constraints and reframed our challenge…

View original post 477 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s