Portion of email sent to iDiploma cohort:
On a related note, Mrs. Cureton and I are starting “Sparking CuriosID” as a collaborative observation journal and blog. We are doing this as one of our responses to the INNOVATION BINGO (said in loud voice of gameshow host), and the address is https://innovationdiploma.wordpress.com/
There’s very little there yet (one sample post) and the site setup is very nascent, because we want cohort members to help build it, if you want to. You are all invited, not required (one of my top10 favorite TED talks).
Mrs. Cureton and I are thinking we’ll use “Sparking CuriosID – in the first phase – as an observation journal “warehouse.” We’ve set up the blog to take email postings, and this is how I populated the first post:
1. As I am out and about, I stay observational and curious.
2. Often, I snap a pic with my iPhone.
3. Using a vCard setup for “Sparking CuriosID,” I email it just like it’s a person.
4. The email contains: a) subject line becomes the blog post title; b) the text in the email becomes the post content – I usually ask a few questions that explain why I snapped the pic…what made me curious; c) the image.
5. After I send the email, I later go to post and add CATEGORY: “Observation Journal Posts” and some tags. I think one can do this in the email itself, but I don’t know how to do that yet.
ANYA (and any other iD Walt Disney Cohort member) – if you want to be added to Sparking CuriosID, just let us know. With a WordPress ID, I can add you to the site, and we can send you the vCard for your phone address book so that you can easily email post.